The recovery console for Windows XP requires you to enter the the local administrator password in order to access it. However, if you do not know the password you will not be able to access the recovery console… That is unless you know this little trick.
- Obtain a Windows 2000 installation or boot disk then boot from it
- If you do not have a windows 2000 install disk, you can download the Recovery Console 2000 Floppy Boot Disk or an Recovery Console 2000 ISO if you don’t have a floppy drive
- Select ‘R’ to Repair Windows
- Select ‘C’ to launch the Recovery Console
- Select the windows partition you want to access, and you WILL NOT be prompted for a password